Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Kathryn Designs Featured at GBK Oscars Gift Lounge- Part One

  Displaying my work and creating 100 necklaces from my Open Locket Collection for the GBK Oscars Gift Lounge was a remarkable experience. From a business standpoint,  I gained a tremendous knowledge about creating my work in larger quantities, while maintaining a "one of a kind" appeal.  Valerie (founder) and Nikki (managing partner) of The Artisan Group did an amazing job at every aspect of planning for the event, providing feedback and guidance, and making sure each member was well represented at the event.

Here is a photo of The Artisan Group's Display:
The Artisan Group at GBK Oscars Gift Lounge

As you can see, it looked amazing!  Here is a little close up peek at my display pieces:




I was glued to my iPad during both days of the event, as Valerie was posting updates about some of the celebrities who visited the display and picked up swag bags.  To name a few:  Melissa McCarthy, Kevin Nealon, Marcia Gay Hardin, Dermot Mulroney, Hector Elizondo, Penelope Ann Miller, Kristi Lauren, Frankie Muniz, Penny Marshall, Cloris Leachman, Josh Sussman, Tess Hunt, Reshma Shetty, and Jon Bernthal (oh boy, I am big Walking Dead fan, but I doubt he wanted to pose with my jewelry!!)

I got great feedback on Twitter from Jane Emery of LA's The Place, Los Angeles Magazine!  


twitter.com
‎@KathrynJewelry @theartisangroup Very imaginative and nice~! Adored it!

I will find out this week which celebrity posed with my display piece!  In the meantime, I got word that the lovely Chelsea Rendon, of the movies "A Better Life" and "Nine Lives" loved my work and was interested in my display piece, so I will be sending it to her! 
Chelsea has also been featured on the television shows "Flash Forward" and "Judging Amy"


More to come!  Thanks for reading and all the support during this journey!







No comments: