Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hot and not bothered: Moving to Atlanta!

The heat has been over the top here in Maryland!  It has been a busy month for me as I prepare to relocate to the Atlanta area (Marietta, to be precise).  Nothing like cleaning out the basement you've been avoiding and dragging out way too many heavy boxes with a 107 degree heat index.  Who needs a sauna?  My skin looks fabulous :)  I am very excited about the clothing, books, and other household items that have been donated.  I also shredded a metric ton of paper.  It feels liberating to scale down a bit.

Things will be a little slow in my shops during August as we settle in to our new place.  I've been busy creating 100 necklaces that will be gifted to the celebrities attending the GBK Gift Lounge for The Primetime Emmys. Thanks to The Artisan Group, my jewelry will be on display at the gift lounge and swag bags received by those attending.

Here is a peek at the bronze and carnelian necklace I am making for the swag bags:
Bronze and carnelian necklace


Carnelian has been called "The Artists Stone" because of its association with creativity, confidence, and increased energy.  It has been associated with protection from negative emotions.

I am thrilled about this gifting opportunity and about moving!  It is beautiful in western Maryland, and I have meet some wonderful people here, but I miss city life.  Okay, suburban life-- near a big city :)  I am looking forward to new adventures!

Thanks for reading.  I will be updating soon with some exciting changes for Kathryn Designs!


No comments: